We’re the Boat Insurance experts in Virginia
If you live in or around Richmond and are looking for boat insurance, the team at GLM is here to assist! We offer coverage from several boat insurance companies in Virginia and can help find a policy that is custom tailored to you and your boat.
With how much boats cost to buy and maintain, having the right insurance coverage is critical for both you, and the people onboard your most prized possession.
How much does Boat Insurance cost in Virginia?
Your boat policy cost depends on several things like:
- The state you live in
- The type, size, and age of the boat you wish to insure
- The size of motor and how it is powered
- Whether you are using it on inland waters or the open seas
- Whether you have selected additional coverage options
Generally speaking, boat insurance in Virginia can cost anywhere from $75-$500+ per year depending on the items mentioned above. If you own a large boat or yacht, coverage can exceed $1k/yr. It really depends on your boat and how much coverage you would like.
What does Boat Insurance cover?
- Collision damage: Includes repair or replacement of your boat, but may or may not include clean-up of wreckage unless you purchase optional additional coverage.
- Property damage liability: Covers damage you might cause to someone else’s boat, a dock, or other property or structures.
- Bodily injury liability: Covers injury you might cause someone while using your boat; includes medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and legal expenses.
- Comprehensive: Provides compensation if your boat is vandalized, stolen, or damaged in an incident other than a collision.
- Additional coverage options: Coverage for medical payments, fishing equipment, oil spills, personal property and roadside assistance, as well as damages and injuries from accidents caused by boaters who are uninsured or underinsured.
The amount of compensation you receive for a claim depends on a few things, including your deductibles, limits and whether your boater’s insurance covers your boat’s actual cash value, replacement cost or agreed upon value.
Start your Boat quote in minutes:
The team at GLM Insurance is ready to help with your boat insurance policy! Simply enter some basic information below and we’ll help get the process started.